Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Tale of the city OR When art and physics jiggle..

...the Jiggling Atoms exhibition is created.


Jiggling Atoms was the most interesting science-related artistic exhibition that I have seen for a long time.

It is the baby of a collaboration between artists and physicists. 25 artists attended a series of lectures in Physics at Imperial College and then tried to explain and interpret some of the phenomena through their art.




The exhibition took part in the Rag factory in Bricklane. It was a little different from the usual exhibitions that involve science as there were

cocktails

and music

that made us relax and want to interact more.

The work of the artists was interesting and inspiring, made me think, introduced me to unknown physical phenomena and terms and made me want to learn more.


I went back home satisfied that night. And a little tipsy I might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment